Saturday, October 11, 2014

Lane Garrison talks about 'Camp X-Ray' and mentions Kristen (MyFOXLA + Daily Actor)


My FOX LA 


Watch the interview at the source here.

Lane mentions Kristen from 1:16mins.

Daily Actor

Let’s talk about your film. I haven’t seen it yet, but I can’t wait to check it out.

Lane Garrison: Lance, I’m telling you right now, I am more proud of the work in this film than anything I have done yet. And I’m so proud of this movie.

This film, I didn’t know what to expect. We premiered and sort of opened Sundance this year and I hadn’t seen the film. So I’m stuck in Eccles Theatre and basically sweating bullets even though it was snowing outside and I’m thinking, “Oh my God, I don’t know what to expect.” And after the film was done literally standing ovation after standing ovation. People crying. It’s just a powerful movie and it’s Kristen Stewart’s best performance yet. I told her that to her face. I said, “You should be beyond proud of the work you’ve done in this movie.”

We did this on a shoestring budget. I don’t know the exact budget, but I wanna say it was around a million, and we shot in 24 days. So this was a run and gun, intense film. Peyman Moaadi, from A Separation, plays the lead detainee and, you know, watching this man’s work is a beautiful thing. He’s just got this soul that radiates on screen. And I’m very proud of this movie, very proud of this film.

You guys shot so fast, you said 24 days, do you guys get together before and rehearse everything? Or is it just right before you shoot?

Lane Garrison: We did a 2 day rehearsal with me, Kristen, Peyman and the director. We didn’t go through the script because Pete didn’t want to do that. He wanted it to feel real. But we just talked about character dynamics and who these people were. And once you’re inside that environment, we were basically at a rundown prison, an empty prison, outside of Whittier [California]. Once you’re inside that facility with the razor wire and everything else, everything came to life. But really it was more about us getting to know where our characters were coming from and who they were as people. But, yeah, that was the process.

So when the director says action, that’s the very first time you guys are doing it?

Lane Garrison: Yeah, that’s the first time we’re doing it. We’ll do a blocking rehearsal, but we would never reveal where we were at really emotionally. And I believe in that process myself. I don’t like to get locked in on a performance or something I’m anticipating. I like the generals and then I like to let go and breathe and see what happens emotionally when I’m connected. So the process worked great for me and I think Kristen and Peyman both enjoyed it.

Source Source via @KstewAngel

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this?