Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Kristen talks about being on SNL with USA Today



In her inaugural hosting gig on Saturday Night Live last month, Kristen Stewart committed one of the mortal sins of network TV: dropping the F-bomb live on air.

Her hair-raising tongue slip happened just as the Personal Shopper actress wrapped a killer opening monologue, in which she prodded President Trump for his many tweets about her and ex-boyfriend Robert Pattinson, and proudly proclaimed that she is "so gay."

"OK, so we've got a great show," she said onstage, "and I totally care that I'm here 'cause it's the coolest (expletive) thing ever."

According to Stewart, she didn't get scolded by SNL head honcho Lorne Michaels or the cast for her now-infamous gaffe.

"It was funny, because I got through every single dress rehearsal without ever (swearing) in a scene, and before we actually went live, every single person was like, 'You're going to do great, it'll be over in an hour, just let the show catch you, and please, please, please don't say (the F-word),' " Stewart tells USA TODAY. "I was like, 'I won't, trust me, there's no way.' And, of course, (I did) in like the first five minutes."

Immediately after, "I felt so bad about it. I just came offstage apologizing profusely and being like, 'I'm so sorry, that's not something I thought was going to happen.' And they were really nice about it. They were like, 'We still have an entire show to do, don't think about it.' "

There wasn't much time for viewers to dwell on Stewart's flub. Minutes later, she starred as the lesbian lover to Vanessa Bayer's frustrated housewife in a fake Super Bowl "commercial" for Totino's pizza rolls.

"There's no better time than right now to do a skit about a completely unimportant woman in the environment of a completely male-dominated testosterone show," Stewart says of the taped segment. "We kind of did a riff on (French film) Blue is the Warmest Color, like if she stepped into that and the guys were completely unaware, how funny that'd be. I don't know if they're going to do more (Totino's ads with Bayer's character), but they were like, 'It's such a nice ending to her story! She finally got hers.' "

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think of this?